Article provided by: Aycock Frame & Body Shop
Once you’re involved in a car crash, collision repair is necessary to restore your vehicle to its original state. This ensures that there are no safety risks and it performs as expected. Aycock Frame & Body Shop is a collision repair shop in High Point NC that offers full body repairs to reinstate vehicles to their pre-accident condition. With the personal attention of our expert technicians and the quality of our work, you can rest assured we'll do a thorough job.
What Does Collision Repair Involve?
During collision repair, the following steps are involved:
- Damage Assessment and Estimation – The repair shop checks the car for any damages and makes a list. Next, they inform you of the damage extent and the necessary repairs. The technicians will then estimate the cost of all the repairs. At this point, they will also help you to file a claim with your insurer. If the claim is accepted, the technicians will repair your vehicle after you give them authorization.
- Disassembly – Disassembling the car is normally the first step in the repair. This provides access to all the ruined parts and reveals any hidden damages. If the technician needs to do further repairs other than those already noted on the estimate, they’ll make a supplementary report for you and your auto insurer.
- Repairs – The technician performs frame welding, removes any damaged parts, and does replacements, body straightening, and any other repairs required. A paint job follows to give the car a uniform finish so that the repaired sections can match the rest of the body.
- Cleaning and Inspection – After washing your car, the technician will analyze the repair job to make sure everything has been done.
Should You Have Your Vehicle Repaired or Buy A New One?
At times, it’s more convenient to get a new car instead of having it repaired after a collision. For instance, if your insurance company decides that the vehicle is totaled, they’ll opt to pay you the car’s worth instead of covering the repair costs. That's because the cost of repairing the vehicle would exceed its value. Also, if your car is old and likely to need more costly repairs in the future, it’s wise to consider replacing it. That is because it’s more susceptible to damages in the future where you may end up spending more time and money at repair shops.
How to Choose A Collision Repair Shop
Here are tips on choosing a collision repair shop:
- Reputation – Find out from friends and family which repair shop has offered them exemplary services in the past. Past customers can provide unbiased information concerning the quality of services offered at a repair shop, as it will be based on their experience.
- Customer Service – When getting estimates from a repair shop, you can have an idea about their customer service by the way they answer your questions. A repair shop with exemplary customer service will ensure that they keep you fully informed about the repair process, and also offer assistance for issues such as making insurance claims.
Get Reliable Collision Repair Services
Accidents occur, and when they do, it's crucial to find a repair shop with technicians trained in mechanical repairs, dent repair, collision repair, paint restoration, and refinishing services. If you're looking for a collision repair shop in High Point NC, contact Aycock Frame & Body Shop on (336)272-1313 for quality and reliable services.
View Larger Map